The one day defensive Carbine training 1 course is an adaptive course designed to give the beginner shooter the proper handgun fundamentals, the class focuses on the basic fundamentals of proper grip, sight alignment and sight picture. The class will adapt for students as they progress thru the day adding more stress and how to balance speed and accuracy.
students will be required to perform in less-than-ideal shooting positions against threats. This course is physically demanding and the pace may be higher than some students may have experienced before. We try to apply as much stress as possible to hone skills on the gun user under closer to real-world Scenarios.
This course is open to anyone, at any skill level, who wants to enhance their skills with a pistol. Itus defense has developed a system for teaching students the foundation skill sets and mindset required to become a better shooter. We cover everything from gun safety to the laws around owning, carrying and operating a handgun, the fundamentals of relative and defensive marksmanship, as well as reloading and malfunction clearing in a safe learning environment!
Students who cancel their attendance up to 30 days prior to any course will receive a credit toward future course attendance. No refunds or course credits for cancellations less than 30 days prior to a course. No exceptions. Itus defense reserves the right to cancel any course dates where a minimum number of students have not registered up to 30 days prior to the course, in which case students will be given the option of a full refund of course fees or given credit for a future course.
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $17 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
- Safety Brief
- gear selection and placement
- Establishing a zero
- 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Accuracy Drills
- The balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical reloads
- Defensive Movement Drills
- Defensive shooting positions
- Students provide their own ammo: 400 rounds on carbine rifle ammo5.56×45, 5.45.-x36, 300 blackout, 762×39, 762×51(308).
- The student needs to bring a working gun and cleaning kit.
- Each student needs to bring 3 good magazines and magazine pouches.
- Clothing suited for the day
- Wet weather gear/ cold weather gear depending on the weather
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- A baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional