The 1-day defensive shotgun 2 course is an adaptive course designed to give the beginner shooter the proper shotgun fundamentals, the class focuses on the basic fundamentals of proper grip, sight alignment and sight picture. The class will adapt for students as they progress thru the day adding more stress and how to balance speed and accuracy. We will also be covering how to transition from shotgun to a secondary gun, Student must also bring a good working handgun.
Students who cancel their attendance up to 30 days prior to any course will receive a credit toward future course attendance. No refunds or course credits for cancellations less than 30 days prior to a course. No exceptions. Itus defense reserves the right to cancel any course dates where a minimum number of students have not registered up to 30 days prior to the course, in which case students will be given the option of a full refund of course fees or given credit for a future course.
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $17 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
- Safety Brief
- Gear selection and placement
- Establishing a zero
- 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 defensive Fundamentals
- Accuracy Drills
- The balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical Reloads
- Defensive Movement Drills
- Defensive shooting positions
- Clothing suited for the day
- Students provide their own ammo: 150 rounds of birdshot, 50 slugs and 50 buckshot and 10 slugs ammunition is the minimum.
- 200 rounds of handgun
- Sling for a shotgun
- A good working holster/magazines pouches
- Students also need to bring a good working gun.
- Wet weather gear/ cold weather gear
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- A baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional