The 1-day Handgun defense 2 course is an adaptive course designed to give the intermediate shooters the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with students’ mindset, the class focuses on the foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under stress, and how to balance speed and accuracy. The course develops critical skills using a handgun. The Defense handgun 2 course teaches students to operate their handgun at a higher level, providing them with practical and retainable skills intended to increase their level of effectiveness and decrease reaction time. Individuals will be instructed in and expected to work thru complex situations that will instill confidence and produce reflexive memory.
Students will learn the cycle of operation of their weapon, be able to perform basic and intermediate levels of maintenance and care, translate the fundamentals of marksmanship into performance, refine the most efficient way to load, unload, and operate the weapon systems, draw, employ and engage threats from concealment, learn the threat sequence in order to present the most effective weapon system on target for engaging single and multiple threats, shooting effectively while moving, retention and operation of weapons during the close-quarters conflict.
Students who cancel their attendance up to 30 days prior to any course will receive a credit toward future course attendance. No refunds or course credits for cancellations less than 30 days prior to a course. No exceptions. ITUS Defense reserves the right to cancel any course dates where a minimum number of students have not registered up to 30 days prior to the course, in which case students will be given the option of a full refund of course fees or given credit for a future course.
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $17 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
- Covered Material
- Safety brief
- Gear set up
- Moving and shooting
- The 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 core defensive fundamentals
- Drawing from a holster
- CCW defensive Drills
- Defensive shooting Positions
- Shooting behind barricades
- Defensive Reaction drills
- Students provide their own ammo: 500 rounds of Handgun ammo are needed.
- The student needs to bring a working gun and holster
- Each student needs to bring 3 good magazines and magazine pouches.
- Clothing suited for the day
- Wet weather gear/ cold-weather gear
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- A baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional