DEFENSIVE HANDGUN 1
The one-day defensive Handgun training 1 course is an adaptive course designed to give the beginner shooter the proper handgun fundamentals, the class focuses on the basic fundamentals of proper grip, sight alignment, and sight picture. The class will adapt for students as they progress thru the day adding more stress and how to balance speed and accuracy.
Students will be required to perform in less-than-ideal shooting positions against threats. This course is physically demanding and the pace may be higher than some students may have experienced before. We try to apply as much stress as possible to hone skills on the gun user under closer to real-world Scenarios.
This course is open to anyone, at any skill level, who wants to enhance their skills with a pistol. Itus defense has developed a system for teaching students the foundational skillsets and mindset required to become a better shooter. We cover everything from gun safety to the laws around owning, carrying, and operating a handgun, the fundamentals of relative and defensive marksmanship, as well as reloading and malfunction clearing in a safe learning environment!
Students who cancel their attendance up to 30 days prior to any course will receive a credit toward future course attendance. No refunds or course credits for cancellations less than 30 days prior to a course. No exceptions. Itus defense reserves the right to cancel any course dates where a minimum number of students have not registered up to 30 days prior to the course, in which case students will be given the option of a full refund of course fees or given credit for a future course.
RANGE FEES: Range fees of $17 are the responsibility of the student, and can be paid directly to your Instructor on range day.
- Safety brief
- Gear set up
- Pistol grip
- The 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 core defensive fundamentals
- Drawing from a holster
- CCW defensive Drills
- Defensive shooting Positions
- Shooting behind barricades
- Defensive Reaction drills
EQUIPMENT NEEDED (RANGE)
- Students provide their own ammo: 400 rounds of Handgun ammo are needed.
- A good holster that fits your gun.
- Magazine holders (Cross-draw prohibited)
- The student needs to bring a working gun
- Each student needs to bring 3 good magazines and magazine pouches.
- Clothing suited for the day
- Wet weather gear/ cold-weather gear if needed
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- A baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional